Release 0.6 (2021-05-21) 🔗︎
One Eye is now available as Cisco Multi Cloud Observability Manager.
Host observer metrics 🔗︎
Metrics of the host observer cluster are displayed in the Topology view of the dashboard, independently from remote ThanosPeer clusters.
Authentication improvements 🔗︎
Authentication now supports using custom Dex configurations as well. For details, see Authentication on the UI.
Other improvements 🔗︎
- The operator now automatically upgrades its own Observer CRD
- The imagePullSecrets field is now added to all managed workloads
- Incorporate Thanos Operator CRDs into the chart
- ARM builds are now supported.
Release 0.5 (2021-04-19) 🔗︎
One Eye allows you to attach multiple peer clusters to a central observer cluster to make your metrics available centrally, and store in object storage in a cost and storage-efficient way. One Eye automates several steps of connecting and maintaining the peer clusters, making it possible to operate your monitoring infrastructure with a low overhead. For details on how One Eye collects metrics from multiple clusters, see Multicluster metrics.
In version 0.5, you can secure One Eye access using an external ingress, and authenticate and authorize user connections. The solution is based on Pomerium and Dex, allowing you to use the identity provider of your choice (for example, GitHub or LDAP). You can also apply role based authorization, and assign read-only or read and write access to One Eye.
Release 0.4 (2020-12-03) 🔗︎
One Eye 0.4 brings the following significant new features:
- You can now easily restore archived logs into an Elasticsearch instance. For details, see Restore archived logs.
- Search and display the collected metrics using the Prometheus PromQL query language directly on the One Eye interface. For details, see (Metrics).
- Promtail support.
- Fluentd (1.11.5), Fluent Bit (1.6.4), and plugin updates.
- Easier troubleshooting of One Eye and the Logging operator.
For a more detailed overview of the new features, see the One Eye 0.4 announcement blog post.
Release 0.3 (2020-06-25) 🔗︎
For an overview of the new features, see the One Eye 0.3 announcement blog post.